Professional Selling Skills
1. Introduction to Professional Selling Skills
Selling is the process of helping someone see the value in a product or service they might otherwise not have seen. Although there is no best way to sell there are certain steps which if executed in a methodical process will attract the right prospects, qualify, convert and retain them as customers and dramatically increase your potential for success.
This hands-on, exercise driven program teaches skills that boost sales and profitability through an increased understanding and implementation of the need-satisfaction sales process. Participants learn how to concentrate their focus on each client's particular situation, needs, vision, the internal staff who makes all of this and other opportunities possible to increase business. The key is in determining how the product or service will provide meaningful value to a client even in a competitive or saturated market.
The ISM Course Director will take each participant through the step-by-step sales process critical to the pre-approach, approach and after sales service. This will be done through a highly charged, enjoyable 3 day course involving lectures, classroom exercises, role-plays, discussions and extensive accompanying course-notes (delegates are also expected to take their own personal extensive notes)
On successful completion of the course delegates will:
- Understand the reasons behind buying and selling.
- Explore the differences between the sales and marketing functions and the sales person's role.
- Learn the qualities of a successful sales person.
- Learn how to prepare and plan for a client meeting.
- Why people dislike being sold to and how to avoid the wrong approach.
- Learn a comprehensive step by step sales process from prospecting to closing.
- How to use the phone more effectively to gain appointments. (Mind Mapping)
- What is it customers want. How do we empathise with them. (Body Language)
- Effective questioning skills/Effective Listening skills.
- The fundamentals of good presentations.
- How to deal with objections to buying.
- The basics of the negotiation process.
- Cover the methods of gaining orders and customer commitment to purchase.
- What are features and benefits and their significance in the selling process.
- Cover the methods used to discover new business, work out and discuss the level of creative activity required to provide enough prospects to convert new business.
- Gain the delegates' agreement and understanding for the need to qualify their prospects in selling.
- After sales service
- And its importance in the buying cycle