Strategic Business Planning
1. Introduction to Strategic Business Planning
Effective strategy formulation skills are highly prized in corporate leaders. The ability to develop operational business strategies and then take those business strategies from plan to action sets true leaders apart from their peers.
Forward-looking strategy formulation can make the difference between a profitable business and one that stagnates.
This course will combine proven-bypractice strategic planning methods with new insights and ideas from a wide range of current thinking.
Managers learn strategic planning by doing and gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, practice exercises and case applications.
You will leave this course with key elements of your own plan for building and executing business strategies.
On successful completion of the course delegates will:
- Identify strategic planning issues in order to develop a unique competitive advantage.
- Learn key analytical and conceptual approaches to expand your understanding of the marketplace.
- Align your organization with your strategic planning goals by integrating strategy, objectives, metrics and performance.
- Identify evolving strategic patterns and generate ideas on how they can be applied to your organization.
- Incorporate customer needs into your strategic planning.
- Use a case study to examine the strategic planning process in detail.
- Recognize how the actions of customers, competitors and your own company determine the outcomes in your markets.
- Determine the best approach to effectively implement your strategic planning.