Effective writing skills are essential in order to communicate ideas, information and opinions effectively. Poorly written communications can be confusing, misinterpreted and can even damage a company’s reputation.
Our two-day Effective Business Writing course provides participants with the tools and techniques needed to improve their business writing skills. Participants will learn how to plan and structure their writing in a professional manner, build the introduction, main body, and conclusion of effective business communications, and compile writing in a logical sequence. The course will also guide participants on recognizing and eliminating common errors in business writing and focus on the main purpose of communication to maintain clarity. By the end of the course, participants will have the skills to prepare effective business communications that are clear, concise, and easy to understand.
Understanding Business Writing
• Introduction to Business Writing
• Importance of Effective Communication in Business
• Different Types of Business Writing
• Understanding the Purpose and Audience
Planning and Structuring Business Writing
• Importance of Planning and Structuring
• Techniques for Effective Planning and Structuring
• Building the Introduction, Main Body and Conclusion
• Maintaining Clarity in Business Writing
Improving Business Writing Skills
• Common Errors in Business Writing
• Eliminating Grammatical and Spelling Errors
• Improving Clarity and Conciseness
• Enhancing Writing Style and Tone
• Use of Active and Passive Voice in Business Writing
Writing for Different Business Purposes
• Writing for Different Business Purposes
• Writing for Emails, Memos, Reports, Proposals and Presentations
• Writing for External Communication
• Writing for Internal Communication
• Writing for Marketing and Advertising
Enhancing Business Writing Skills
• Improving Writing Skills Through Practice
• Enhancing Vocabulary and Word Choice
• Developing Effective Sentences and Paragraphs
• Improving Writing Flow and Coherence
• Improving Business Writing through Feedback and Review.
By all means, bring your pencil case, and yes, there will be handouts, but there will be a lot more discourse, debate, improvisation, role play, technology, practice and group dynamics. The training will be conducted in a friendly, fun atmosphere, which not only allows for different learning styles, but respects each delegate as an individual and ensures each one is challenged and derives maximum benefit from the course. Our aim is that you will be highly stimulated and encouraged to rethink.
Graham has been resident in the UAE since 2010. His post-military training career involved running a range of courses in leadership, effective communications, team building, planning and organizing skills, decision making, etc. He also delivered a number of technical training programmes. Graham brings real life experiences into the training room, some of which, due to his military career, are outside the normal experience and scope of many trainers. His military career included positions relating to intelligence, counter terrorism, homeland security, and international security. This work required a very focused and analytical approach, combined with excellent communication and leadership skills, and the ability to work in effective, manageable teams.
Graham joined HMS Ltd, a security training organization as an internal trainer. In this post, he delivered training to international teams, from the USA, Europe, and the Middle East. In 2008, he was promoted to manage a team of five direct reports, with additional responsibility for the co-ordination of a 30+ member international team in multiple locations (including the USA, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East).In this role, Graham became something of an expert and was then requested to deliver training programmes to senior figures in the UK and US governments. He was also responsible for the project management of a number of government projects.
Graham gained PRINCE2 Practitioner (Project Management) qualification and utilised these skills in the new projects he worked on. He also delivered training courses in Six Sigma Facilitator Biography (a quality method for improving business efficiency and effectiveness), Change Management, Managing the Training Process, and Train the Trainer.
Graham has delivered training to over 1000 individuals in the MENA region across a diverse range of industries and sectors.Graham believes his experience and knowledge of the design, planning, and delivery of a wide range of programmes creates excellent outcomes in the training room, with positive feedback from delegates. Graham always strives to give people a positive and memorable training experience.
Graham’s key areas of expertise include: